5 Favorite Porsche 911s of All Time
1995-98 911 Carrera (Type 993)
These 911s represent Porsche's final iteration of the original 1963 design -- models made more recently sport a different body shell, as well as water-cooled engines instead of the original air-cooled ones.
"Powerful, comfortable and nicely balanced, [the Type 993] is as far as the original 911 concept got," Stout says.
Good-condition Type 993s sell for less than $40,000 these days (Kelley Blue Book values some at around $15,500), although Stout says collectors prize the cars so much that models cost "considerably" more than the Type 996s that followed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV