In September 2013, the Company closed on the sale of a 130,000 square foot property located at 300 Main Street in Stamford, Connecticut for $13.5 million.
Debt and Preferred Equity Investment Activity
The Company’s debt and preferred equity investment portfolio totaled $1.3 billion at September 30, 2013. During the third quarter, the Company originated new debt and preferred equity investments totaling $180.8 million, all of which are collateralized by New York City commercial office properties, and recorded $110.0 million of principal reductions from investments that were sold or repaid. The debt and preferred equity investment portfolio had a weighted average maturity of 2.2 years as of September 30, 2013 and had a weighted average yield during the quarter ended September 30, 2013 of 11.2 percent.
Financing and Capital ActivityIn October 2013, Fitch Ratings upgraded the ratings outlook of the Company from Stable to Positive, citing the Company’s credit strengths including the high quality of its New York portfolio, manageable lease expirations and debt maturities, its growing unencumbered asset pool and improving credit metrics. In October 2013, the Company closed on a new $275.0 million seven year, floating rate mortgage financing of 220 E 42 nd Street. The new mortgage, which bears interest at 160 basis points over the 30-day LIBOR, replaces the previous $183.5 million mortgage that was repaid in August 2013. Guidance Based on the Company’s performance for the first nine months of 2013 and its outlook for the remainder of 2013, the Company is raising its FFO guidance for 2013 to $5.12 to $5.16 per share from $4.90 to $5.00 per share. The Company is also raising its FAD guidance, a measure of operating cash flow, to $3.51 to $3.55 per share from $3.10 to $3.20 per share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV