Significant leases that were signed during the third quarter included:
- New lease on 56,794 square feet with Meister Seelig & Fein LLP for 15.0 years at 125 Park Avenue;
- New lease on 47,763 square feet with Bloomingdales, Inc. for 10.8 years at 919 Third Avenue;
- New lease on 27,231 square feet with Murphy & McGonigle, P.C. for 10.5 years at 1185 Avenue of the Americas;
- New lease on 26,520 square feet with Shiseido for 13.0 years at The Meadows;
- New lease on 22,437 square feet with Dragados USA, Inc. for 15.7 years at 810 Seventh Avenue; and
- Early renewal on 22,393 square feet with AT&T Services, Inc. for 5.0 years at 810 Seventh Avenue bringing the remaining lease term to 5.7 years.
Marketing, general and administrative, or MG&A, expenses for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 were $20.9 million, or 4.9 percent of total revenues including the Company’s share of joint venture revenue compared to $20.6 million, or 5.0 percent for the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
Real Estate Investment Activity
In August 2013, the Company entered into a contract to acquire a mixed-use residential and commercial property located at 315 West 33 rd Street, New York, New York for $386.0 million. The 36-story, 492,987 square foot building, which was completed in 2012, includes 333 luxury rental apartments. The commercial space, which is 100 percent leased at below-market rental rates, consists of 270,000 square feet and includes a 14-screen movie theater, five ground-level retail stores, two office suites and a 250 space parking garage. This transaction is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2013, subject to customary closing conditions.In August 2013, the Company closed on the sale of a 345,400 square foot property located at 333 West 34 th Street in Manhattan for $220.3 million, or approximately $630 per square foot. The Company recognized a gain of $13.8 million on the transaction. During the third quarter of 2013, the Company closed on the sale of two properties in the West Coast Office portfolio for $112.4 million. Since taking an equity ownership position in the portfolio in July 2012, three properties have been sold for a total of $224.3 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV