An Op-Editorial titled: Investing in Women: Financial Empowerment as a Community Economic Driver, by Doral’s SVP of Marketing, Public Relations and Community Lucienne Gigante, has been featured on Yahoo! Finance. The Op-Editorial discusses how financial institutions, such as Doral, can play a role in fostering and advancing female entrepreneurship in their respective communities.
By year end 2013, Doral will have invested over $3 million in targeted initiatives and financial mentoring that support the professional and entrepreneurial development of women. Over the last two years, through Doral’s flagship community program, Mujeres De Exito (Successful Women), more than 30 new women-owned businesses have been formed and over 100 jobs created.
The Full Text of the Op-Ed:
Investing in Women: Financial Empowerment as a Community Economic Driver By Lucienne GiganteIn the early 2000s Marisol Santiago from Villalba, Puerto Rico, was gainfully employed in the healthcare industry, providing for her family while investing in her future. However, following the onset of the global recession, which still plagues Puerto Rico, Marisol was laid off from her job. A single mother of two, she took on three part-time jobs to support her children to make ends meet. With a small loan from a community bank, Marisol was able to launch a pharmacy of her own. Now a thriving business, her company has expanded to include an infusion center, creating new growth niches in Puerto Rico and abroad. In many areas, low-interest loans for women like Marisol — loans that so often make the difference in a family’s future — are difficult to secure. But in Puerto Rico, where unemployment hovers above 13 percent, Doral Bank has spearheaded a program, in alliance with the respective communities that it serves and the non-profit sector, to bring about new strategies that are spurring employment growth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV