ANDOVER, Mass., Oct. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MKS Instruments, Inc. (Nasdaq:MKSI), a global provider of technologies that enable advanced processes and improve productivity, today announced that Leo Berlinghieri will retire as Chief Executive Officer and a Director of MKS at year-end 2013. The Board of Directors has elected Gerald G. Colella, who currently serves as President and Chief Operating Officer, to succeed Mr. Berlinghieri as Chief Executive Officer effective January 1, 2014, at which time Mr. Colella will also become a member of the Board of Directors. Mr. Colella had previously succeeded Mr. Berlinghieri as President in February of this year, and has served as Chief Operating Officer since 2010.
Remarking on Mr. Colella's promotion, Mr. Berlinghieri said, "Since becoming CEO eight years ago, aside from achieving our growth and financial performance objectives one of my primary goals has been to build the strongest possible executive team to lead the company after I retire. Jerry and I have worked together at MKS for nearly 31 years, and he has been a key contributor in our combined efforts to cultivate a company culture centered on success and delivering results. I have had a great 33 years at MKS, and will enjoy watching the company's growth and future successes with Jerry at the helm."
Commenting on the CEO transition, John R. Bertucci, Chairman of the Board, said, "We thank Leo for over thirty years of dedicated service to MKS and his successes building a world-class organization known for technology leadership and operational excellence. With nearly as many years at MKS under his belt, Jerry's transition to CEO will be seamless. Together, I believe Leo and Jerry have built a management team for today and the future. In Jerry's new role, he will have increased responsibility in leading and shaping our strategic direction, building upon the company's success in the years ahead."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV