Build-A-Bear Workshop® today announced plans to open a shop within the FAO Schwarz ® Fifth Avenue flagship store. Opening in early November, the new location is the first Build-A-Bear Workshop store-within-a-store in the United States, allowing the company to extend its reach to new customers and offer existing Guests access to its all-new store experience.
“We are excited to bring two iconic brands together in one location joining the magic of Build-A-Bear Workshop with the legendary FAO Schwarz, just in time for the holiday season,” said Sharon Price John, Build-A-Bear Workshop Chief Executive Officer and Chief President Bear. “FAO Schwarz has been a great partner, and this new store extends the reach of our interactive experience in one of the largest markets in the world.”
While visiting the store, Guests can participate in the hands-on Build-A-Bear Workshop stuffed animal-making experience, which has been enhanced with innovative, digital technology. The company worked with Microsoft, Samsung, and other leading technology companies to create the engaging store design, which includes:
- A touchscreen storefront display that allows Guests to interact with the brand by playing and exploring the latest Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friend collections.
- An interactive “Love Me” station that enables Guests to customize their stuffed animals by giving personality traits such as brave, silly and smart to the red satin heart which is added to their animal at the “Stuff Me” station.
- A “Hear Me” station where popular music and special sounds can be added to personalize their stuffed animal. Guests can also record their own voice to further personalize their stuffed animal.
- The “Fluff Me” station where customers can play with a sensory effects digital bath tub with virtual bubbles.
- The “Name Me” station which allows Guests to reveal the personality traits and customized features that were added to their stuffed animal throughout the bear-making process. At “Name Me,” Guests also create a one-of-a-kind birth certificate to take home with their new furry friend.
“At FAO Schwarz, our goal is to create memories for the thousands of children and families who visit our legendary store every day,” said Mindy Clements, Vice President, Flagship Stores, Toys“R”Us. “We’re excited to partner with Build-A-Bear Workshop to bring our customers a heartwarming hands-on experience with beloved characters in this first-of-its-kind store-within-a-store.”