Post-Market Laggard: Yahoo (YHOO)
- YHOO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $778.6 million.
- YHOO is down 11% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YHOO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YHOO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YHOO: Yahoo! Inc., a technology company, provides search, content, and communication tools on the Web and on mobile devices worldwide. YHOO has a PE ratio of 8.9. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Yahoo a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Yahoo has been 16.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yahoo has a market cap of $31.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 2.6% with 0.94 days to cover. Shares are up 57.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Yahoo as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, YHOO's share price has jumped by 103.51%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, YHOO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for YAHOO INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 26.04% is above that of the industry average.
- YHOO, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- YAHOO INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YAHOO INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.28 versus $0.82 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 55.3% in earnings ($1.47 versus $3.28).
- You can view the full Yahoo Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV