FOSTER CITY, Calif., Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Visa Inc. (NYSE:V) today announced that on October 22, 2013, its board of directors approved the Company's 2014 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the "Annual Meeting") to be held on January 29, 2014. The Company's class A common stockholders at the close of business on December 3, 2013, the record date, will be entitled to vote at the Annual Meeting.
In addition, the Company announced that on October 23, 2013, its board of directors had declared a quarterly dividend in the aggregate amount of $0.40 per share of class A common stock (determined in the case of class B and class C common stock on an as-converted basis) payable on December 3, 2013, to all holders of record of the Company's class A, class B and class C common stock as of November 15, 2013. The quarterly dividend increase raises the annual dividend rate from $1.32 per share to $1.60 per share.
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions, and governments in more than 200 countries and territories to fast, secure and reliable electronic payments. We operate one of the world's most advanced processing networks — VisaNet — that is capable of handling more than 30,000 transaction messages a second, with fraud protection for consumers and assured payment for merchants. Visa is not a bank and does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations, however, enable its financial institution customers to offer consumers more choices: pay now with debit, pay ahead of time with prepaid or pay later with credit products. For more information, visit corporate.visa.com.Contacts:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV