8x8, Inc. (NASDAQ:EGHT), provider of cloud communications and collaboration solutions, today announced operating results for the second quarter ended September 30, 2013.
The Company posted record revenue of $30.8 million for its second quarter of fiscal 2014, excluding $0.7 million in revenue related to the Company’s dedicated server hosting business that was divested on September 30, 2013. This represents an increase of 22% from comparable revenue for the second quarter of fiscal 2013. The divested business has been classified as discontinued operations.
GAAP net income for the second quarter of fiscal 2014 was $2.2 million, or $0.03 per diluted share. Non-GAAP net income for the quarter was $4.1 million, or $0.05 per share, an increase of 10% compared with the second quarter of fiscal 2013.
Second Quarter Fiscal 2014 Financial Results:
- Revenue from business customers increased 25% year-over-year to a record $30.3 million and represented 98% of total revenue.
- GAAP net income was $2.2 million, or $0.03 per diluted share, compared with $1.7 million, or $0.02 per diluted share, for the same period last year.
- Non-GAAP net income (as outlined in the reconciliation table below) was $4.1 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, compared with $3.7 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, in the same period last year.
- Service margin was 81%, compared with 77% in the same period a year ago; overall gross margin was 71%, compared with 69% in the same year ago period.
- Average number of subscribed services per new business customer added during the quarter grew to 17.7 from 14.7 in the same period last year.
- Average number of subscribed services per business customer over 8x8’s entire customer base grew to 12.2 from 10.8 in the same period last year.
- Average monthly service revenue per business customer was $268, compared with $247 in the same period last year.
- Channel and mid-market sales comprised 33% of new monthly recurring revenue sold in the quarter, compared with 21% in the same period last year, an 80% year over year increase.
- Monthly business customer churn was a 1.5%, compared with 2.4% in the second quarter of fiscal 2013; monthly business service revenue churn was 1.2%, compared to 0.9% in the same period last year.
- Cash, cash equivalents and investments increased $3.4 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2014 to $61.3 million, without including $3 million in proceeds from the sale of the dedicated hosting business during the quarter which was received on October 1, 2013.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts