NORTH CANTON, Ohio, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Diebold, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD), today announced that it has settled a lawsuit it filed in February 2013 in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio against NuSource Financial, Inc. of Eden Prairie, Minn. In its complaint, Diebold alleged, amongst other claims, that NuSource infringed Diebold's U.S. Patent No. 6,672,505, as well as various Diebold copyrights, by selling refurbished Diebold automated teller machines (ATMs) installed with unauthorized copies of Diebold ATM software. NuSource denied Diebold's allegations and any liability to Diebold. Terms of the settlement were not disclosed.
"We are pleased that we have been able to resolve this litigation," said Chad F. Hesse, Diebold vice president, general counsel and secretary. "Diebold is committed to protecting its intellectual property rights throughout its portfolio of solutions. Diebold welcomes efforts to compete with its innovative products and unparalleled service organization, but will vigorously enforce its intellectual property rights."
About Diebold Diebold, Incorporated (NYSE: DBD) is a global leader in providing innovative self-service technology, security systems and related services. Diebold has approximately 16,000 employees worldwide and is headquartered near Canton, Ohio, USA. Visit Diebold at www.diebold.com or on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DieboldInc.SOURCE Diebold, Incorporated
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV