The securities litigation firm of Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, has commenced an investigation into possible breaches of fiduciary duty to current shareholders of Cole Real Estate Investments, Inc. (“Cole” or the “Company”) (NYSE: COLE) and other violations of state law by the board of directors of Cole relating to the proposed merger of the Company with American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. (“ARCP”). The firm’s investigation seeks to determine, among other things, whether the board of directors of Cole breached their fiduciary duties by failing to maximize shareholder value.
According to the press release announcing the proposed merger, Cole shareholders may elect to receive 1.0929 shares of ARCP common stock (reflecting a fixed exchange ratio) or $13.82 cash for each share of Cole common stock they own. Based on the fixed exchange ratio of 1.0929 and ARCP’s closing price of $13.35 on October 22, 2013, the share offer is valued at $14.59 per Cole common share. According to Yahoo! Finance, at least one analyst following Cole has set a target price of $15.00 per share.
If you currently own common stock of Cole and would like to learn more about the investigation being conducted by Brower Piven, you may email or call Brower Piven, who will, without obligation or cost to you, attempt to answer your questions. You may contact Brower Piven by email at
email@example.com, by calling (410) 415-6616, or at Brower Piven, A Professional Corporation, 1925 Old Valley Road, Stevenson, Maryland 21153. Brower Piven is the only firm headquartered in Maryland with a practice dedicated primarily to shareholder class action litigation. The firm is experienced with the Maryland legal standards that will apply in seeking to protect shareholders' rights. Attorneys at Brower Piven have combined experience litigating securities and other class action cases of over 60 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV