Don't Let Hunting Opportunity Slip Away
Prospective first-time license buyers must become certified, and do so soon.
HARRISBURG, Pa., Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- There's still time to take a hunter-education course, buy a license and go hunting this year.
But the clock is ticking.
While courses are scheduled into November, and a number of seats remain available for some of them, others have already filled or are nearly full.And once the remaining scheduled courses fill up, those looking to buy a Pennsylvania hunting or furtaker license for the first time will have to wait until next year, when additional courses are scheduled. "There have been opportunities all summer for prospective first-time license buyers to become certified through a basic Hunter-Trapper Education course, and time still remains," said Game Commission Executive Director Carl G. Roe. "But the number of available seats is shrinking daily, and in some cases by the hour or minute, and those who still need to reserve a spot might not want to risk waiting any longer." Basic Hunter-Trapper Education (HTE) is mandatory for anyone, regardless of their age, who purchases a Pennsylvania hunting license for the first time. There is no fee charged for the course, and youngsters must be at least 11 years old to receive HTE certification. There has been an increased demand for HTE in recent years and, in particular, a demand for more courses as the calendar creeps toward Thanksgiving and the opening of the annual firearms season for deer. The Game Commission has responded by adding more courses to the October and November schedules, and this year, a record number of seats in HTE courses have been made available. The Game Commission also has tried to make HTE courses more convenient for families by scheduling more classes on Saturdays and Sundays.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV