Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ: STX) today debuted the new Seagate Rescue and Replace™ data protection service available on Amazon.com. This first-of-its-kind plan provides recovery services for data loss that may have been caused by physical damage, corruption or accidental deletion, and a drive replacement. Rescue and Replace is a two-year plan from Amazon.com for $29.99 or three-year plan for $39.99.
“People have come to expect warranties for their hardware, now they can have a level of protection for the data as well,” said Scott Horn, vice president of marketing for Seagate. “Seagate is proud to be the first storage solution provider to extend a data recovery service to a broad consumer audience. We are excited to team up with Amazon to make this service available to their customers.”
The hard cost of recovering data from a damaged or corrupted drive can reach into the thousands of dollars, where highly skilled technicians must manually disassemble the drive and recover the data bit by bit. Being able to receive data recovery services and also get a replacement drive at an up-front nominal fee provides an option to avoid the high cost of data recovery services. The value of this new service can be immeasurable when it comes to items of sentimental value that cannot be replaced, such as photos and video.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV