Premium entertainment network EPIX—a joint venture of Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM—announced today that Monty Sarhan has been named Executive Vice President of Programming, Acquisitions, Strategy and Enterprises. Mr. Sarhan will lead EPIX’s program development, scheduling and acquisition teams and oversee the network’s overall programming strategy as well as its relationships with partner studios and key suppliers. Sarhan will be based in New York and report to President and CEO Mark Greenberg,.
Part of the original team that launched EPIX in 2009, Sarhan previously served as the network’s Senior Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs. He rejoins EPIX after serving as General Counsel and Senior Vice President of WWE.
“Monty was an integral part of EPIX’s early success and I couldn’t be more excited to be welcoming him back to the EPIX family,” said Mark Greenberg, President and CEO of EPIX. “His innovative thinking, ability to forge valuable partnerships and inherent leadership skills make him a natural fit for this role and we look forward to his contributions.”
As EPIX’s Senior Vice President of Business & Legal Affairs, Sarhan was responsible for the network’s distribution, digital strategy, business development initiatives, and programming deals. He negotiated key agreements that allowed EPIX to become the first premium network to offer subscribers access on Android devices, Roku, Microsoft Xbox and Sony PLAYSTATION.“I’m extremely excited to be coming home to EPIX. Having been a part of the EPIX family since the beginning, I am passionate about the network and proud of how far we’ve come over a short period of time,” said Sarhan. “I am grateful for the opportunity to work with Mark and my friends once again and look forward to being a part of EPIX’s promising future.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV