MORRISTOWN, N.J., Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) announced today that it is expanding its Emergency Response Team to include members of International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 400 in Monmouth and Ocean counties. IBEW Local 400 currently has more than 700 members.
JCP&L is the only utility in New Jersey to partner with local electrical trade unions to help speed the service restoration process following a severe storm or other major event. Known as the JCP&L-IBEW Emergency Response Team, the program is designed to supplement JCP&L's existing personnel with trained, local electrical union members who will be available for dispatch following major storms to protect the public from downed wires and to assess damage to company equipment.
The program was announced in August as a partnership with Parsippany-based IBEW Local 102, whose members typically perform a variety of residential and commercial electrical contracting services throughout Morris, Somerset, Sussex, Hunterdon, Essex, Passaic, Warren and Union counties.
"Adding IBEW Local 400 members to our innovative initiative makes a good program even better by expanding the reach to cover Monmouth and Ocean counties," said Jim Fakult, JCP&L president. "By including members of IBEW Local 400 in the Emergency Response Team, JCP&L will have additional resources available in our central New Jersey service area, including the Jersey Shore, to assist with the service restoration process following a severe storm."Currently, nearly 300 members of IBEW Local 102 have completed JCP&L's emergency response training program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV