WEST MELBOURNE, Fla., Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- RELM Wireless Corporation (NYSE MKT: RWC) today announced that it was awarded two delivery order contracts from an agency of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). These contracts were awarded under the DHS Tactical Communications (TacCom) Contract, which was originally issued in March 2012.
The contracts specify RELM's KNG VHF and UHF portable and mobile radios with accessories and have an aggregate maximum total value of $9.5 million. Each contract has a base period that commenced on September 25, 2013 and extends through July 31, 2014, and includes three one-year option periods from August 1, 2014 through July 31, 2017. The contracts stipulate a firm obligation totaling $13,800 to be delivered within 60 days after the effective date. They do not otherwise obligate the agency to specific purchase quantities or delivery dates.
RELM President and Chief Executive Officer David Storey commented, "We are extremely pleased with these contract awards. The awarding agency is a new customer, and one that we have been courting for a number of years."
Mr. Storey continued, "RELM was named to TacCom over a year ago and we have long believed that it could be a catalyst for driving sales growth. If the full value of the contracts is realized, they may ultimately become the largest piece of business that RELM has yet received under TacCom, going a long way toward validating our vision for the TacCom contract. Our mission now is to meet the customer's criteria and fulfill their initial obligation. Thereafter, we intend to leverage our strengths of customer service and product quality to obtain orders to maximize the full value of the contracts as quickly as possible."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV