DALLAS, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless is dedicated to ongoing improvement of its wireless network, already the largest and most reliable 4G LTE network in Texas. As part of that commitment, the company recently activated 74 additional 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) cell sites in Northern Louisiana from Shreveport to Monroe and surrounding Parishes. These site activations will enhance data coverage, which enables more consumer and business customers to use their wireless phones to send and receive emails, text messages and pictures; view high-quality videos; access the Internet; and download music, games and ringtones nearly 10 times faster than before – all while enjoying clearer reception and fewer dropped calls.
Key network improvements and expansion in Northern Louisiana include:
- The new cell site in the Red River Parish, Northern Louisiana is located Southeast of Shreveport and will improve digital voice and broadband data service along US Highway 71 from Coushatta to Campti, LA.
"After launching our 4G LTE in Shreveport in September 2011 and Monroe last August, we're excited to expand the network to surrounding cities and parishes," said Lee Maschmann, Central Texas director of network at Verizon Wireless. "At Verizon, we strive to bring the fast speeds and superior reliability of our 4G LTE network to more customers in Northern Louisiana."
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network covers more than 95 percent of the U.S. population and is available in 500 markets across the United States with 29 in the Central Texas Region. The activations in these cities are a part of Verizon Wireless initiative to cover its 3G footprint with its 4G LTE network. Currently Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network covers 99 percent of its 3G footprint.For more information about Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network, visit www.verizonwireless.com/lte. About Verizon WirelessVerizon Wireless operates the nation's largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 100.1 million retail customers, including 94.3 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 73,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. For the latest news and updates about Verizon Wireless, visit our News Center at http://news.verizonwireless.com or follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNews. SOURCE Verizon Wireless
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV