AKRON, Ohio, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- October is Fall Car Care Month—a perfect time for motorists to make sure their vehicles are ready for the winter weather ahead. But for many, a lack of knowledge about basic automotive maintenance can make servicing their vehicle an intimidating task.
To help better educate consumers on the importance of vehicle maintenance, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company (NASDAQ: GT) will host regularly scheduled car care clinics across its national network of more than 600 Goodyear Auto Service Center locations.
The clinics are free and open to the public, and educate drivers on a variety of maintenance-related topics, including:
- Tire Care: learning the basics of tire wear, maintenance, inflation and how to change a flat tire;
- Under the hood: demonstrations on how to check your vehicle's fluids and inspect belts and hoses;
- Electrical: inspecting lights, changing fuses and jump-starting a battery;
- Under the body: a detailed explanation of items under the vehicle, such as shock absorbers, brakes and exhaust systems.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts