Lexmark International (LXK) Highlighted As Today's Perilous Reversal Stock
- LXK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $48.9 million.
- LXK has traded 792,850 shares today.
- LXK is down 3.1% today.
- LXK was up 6.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LXK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LXK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LXK: Lexmark International, Inc. develops, manufactures, and supplies printing and imaging solutions for offices. It offers laser printers, inkjet printers, and multifunction devices, as well as cartridges and other supplies, services, and solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. LXK has a PE ratio of 16.1. Currently there are no analysts that rate Lexmark International a buy, 6 analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Lexmark International has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Lexmark International has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer hardware industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 23.2% with 9.62 days to cover. Shares are up 43.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Lexmark International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Computers & Peripherals industry. The net income increased by 126.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $39.20 million to $88.90 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 81.05% to $88.90 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LEXMARK INTL INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -24.43%.
- 46.03% is the gross profit margin for LEXMARK INTL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.98% trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 152.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 60.95% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- LEXMARK INTL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LEXMARK INTL INC reported lower earnings of $1.49 versus $4.11 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.85 versus $1.49).
- You can view the full Lexmark International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts