MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Reaches New Lifetime High Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified MarketAxess Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MKTX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.3 million.
- MKTX has traded 123,184 shares today.
- MKTX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MKTX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MKTX NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MKTX: MarketAxess Holdings Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates an electronic trading platform that allows investment industry professionals to trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. MKTX has a PE ratio of 33.8. Currently there are no analysts that rate MarketAxess Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.The average volume for MarketAxess Holdings has been 138,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. MarketAxess has a market cap of $2.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 1.8% with 3.90 days to cover. Shares are up 74.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MarketAxess Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 34.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 59.49% to $19.97 million when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The net income increased by 53.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $12.63 million to $19.34 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, MKTX is up 104.45% to its most recent closing price of 65.20. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- You can view the full MarketAxess Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV