More Than 150 Million Guests Have Visited A Hershey's® Chocolate World® Attraction Since 1973, And The Flagship Location In Hershey, Pa., Hosts More Than Any Other Brand Experience In The World. (Photo: Business Wire)
At age 40, Hershey’s® Chocolate World® Attraction shows no sign of slowing down. In fact, the world’s most visited brand experience recorded its best summer season in its history this year and the original location in Hershey, Pa., hosted more than two million visitors from all over the world. The experiential marketing leader continues its momentum as more stores are set to open around the world.
The new XOXO area at Hershey's® Chocolate World® Attraction is a family friendly interactive and uniquely HERSHEY'S KISSES chocolates experience that lets visitors create the perfect mix of their favorite colors and delicious flavors. (Photo: Business Wire)
“As a pioneer in offering devoted brand fans a place to immerse themselves in a complete brand experience, Hershey’s Chocolate World has been a popular destination since we opened the doors of our flagship location in 1973,” said Amy Hahn, Vice President and General Manager of The Global Hershey Experience and Licensing. “We keep modernizing these amazing branded experiences to give consumers unique new ways to engage with our brands and keep coming to Hershey’s Chocolate World in record numbers.”
More than 150 million guests have visited a Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction since 1973, and the flagship location in Hershey, Pa., hosts more visitors than any other brand experience in the world.
Record-Breaking Summer SeasonSummer is the peak season for Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction and this summer set the attendance record and ensured the popular destination will record its best full-year attendance in its 40-year history. Summer attendance was eight percent above last summer, the previous season record. Summer 2013 also featured some record-breaking statistics for the original location in Hershey, Pa.:
- More than one million pounds of chocolate sold
- 200,000 visitors were immersed in a Hershey’s Kisses digital experience that pulled consumers inside the imaginary factory of the Hershey’s Kisses TV commercial
- 175,000 visitors created customized chocolate bars at Hershey’s Create Your Own Candy Bar attraction, a 12 percent increase over the prior year
- 75,000 guests learned the art of tasting chocolate through the Chocolate Tasting Adventure
- More than 200,000 guests helped solve a mystery inside the Hershey’s Chocolate Factory with live animated Hershey™, Reese™ and Kiss™ characters at the “ Hershey’s Great Chocolate Factory Mystery 4D Show” launched in May in time for the 40 th anniversary
- 1973: Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction in Hershey, Pa., opens its doors for the first time, offering chocolate-lovers a “behind-the-scenes” view of the creation of the classic confections through a simulated factory tour ride
- 1984: Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction visitors take on the Hershey’s brand – literally – with personalized messages on molded chocolate bars, followed by personalized 5-pound bars (1999) and packaging that features customers’ images on a Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar wrapper or genuine Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction Syrup bottle (2009)
- 2000: Visitors to Niagara Falls, Canada, plunge into a chocolate-lovers dreamscape with the opening of the first Hershey’s retail experience outside of Hershey, Pa.
- 2002: A new Hershey store opens in New York City’s Times Square featuring actual factory equipment to dispense candy to millions of Hershey’s chocolate patrons at the landmark location
- 2008: Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction makes its first appearance outside North America in Shanghai, bringing the chocolate-loving experience to millions more in the Eastern Hemisphere
- 2014: Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction will open in Las Vegas, Nevada, where the new retail experience will bring a bit more of New York City’s Times Square to MGM’s New York, New York Hotel & Casino
- 2014: Hershey’s Chocolate World Attraction will open a second location in Shanghai, China, bringing the latest retail brand experience to the second largest confectionery market in the world
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts