Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC) Rising Before The Market Opens
- NSC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $156.8 million.
- NSC traded 45,475 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:29 AM.
- NSC is up 3.9% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NSC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NSC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NSC: Norfolk Southern Corporation engages in the rail transportation of raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. NSC has a PE ratio of 14.4. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Norfolk Southern Corporation a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Norfolk Southern Corporation has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Norfolk Southern has a market cap of $24.4 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.20 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.82 days to cover. Shares are up 26.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Norfolk Southern Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $783.00 million or 24.68% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.57%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 37.90% is the gross profit margin for NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of NSC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.59% trails the industry average.
- NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP's earnings per share declined by 8.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP reported lower earnings of $5.37 versus $5.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.51 versus $5.37).
- You can view the full Norfolk Southern Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts