BOSTON, Oct. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Xively, a subsidiary of LogMeIn (Nasdaq:LOGM) and creator of the first public cloud platform for the commercial Internet of Things (IoT), today announced a strategic partnership with eConais, a global leader in ultra-low power embedded Wi-Fi modules and Systems in Packages (SiPs) for IoT Terminals. Together, the companies are providing product designers and businesses with a complete solution for Wi-Fi-enabling, managing and supporting IoT-connected devices at scale.
"eConais is committed to making it extremely easy for customers to connect their devices to the Internet of Things. By partnering with Xively, we're offering a one-stop IoT solution, where our WiSmart Wi-Fi users can seamlessly connect with the Xively cloud, and quickly bring-to-market innovative healthcare, smart energy, wireless audio and control/monitoring products for industrial, commercial and residential markets," said Dr. Nick Kanopoulos, CEO, eConais. "For example, imagine your air conditioner, water heater and refrigerator all sharing data wirelessly and leveraging knowledge to operate as efficiently as possible, saving you time and money while keeping your family comfortable."
"We're thrilled to have eConais join the Xively Partner Network. Our common focus on simplifying and accelerating time-to-market for IoT products makes this partnership a natural fit, and will have a great impact on product designers' and businesses' ability to create compelling IoT-based experiences," said Mario Finocchiaro , Director of Business Development , Xively.eConais has built turn-key Xively Cloud Services connectivity into its WiSmart™ Wi-Fi modules. Products that include WiSmart can connect out-of-the-box and immediately take advantage of Xively data structure and device management capabilities. Customer benefits include:
- eConais Wi-Fi-enabled devices automatically connect to Xively Cloud Services, without any work by device development teams. These devices are then easily accessible by an internet terminal from anywhere in the world.
- Through Xively's powerful data services, customers have the option to record their transactions for greater discovery and understanding.
- Product designers can go beyond connected devices and create connected experiences that add value to their customers and their business. By using Xively to put structure and context around all the data generated by connected devices, businesses can gain insights into device usage and customer behavior patterns that inform product roadmaps, boost customer satisfaction and improve business value.
- Manufacturers can Wi-Fi-enable their products simply by embedding eConais Wi-Fi modules and leveraging the entire Xively management system to make it extremely easy to manage and support huge fleets of devices with minimal resources/labor.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts