AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Bazaarvoice, Inc. (Nasdaq:BV), the network connecting brands and retailers to the authentic voices of consumers wherever they shop, today released the results of the Bazaarvoice Shopper Media Survey, which reveals that the type of property where an online ad is placed has significant bearing on whether a consumer engages and, eventually, may buy. The results of the survey show that, on average, consumers who saw ads on related retail sites were 18 percent more likely to find the ad relevant, 20 percent more likely to click, and 21 percent more likely to purchase—either online or at a store—compared to when they saw ads on a content-provider site.
"This study validates a strong consumer preference for advertisements in the retail environment, when people are actively shopping and most interested in information that may aid a purchase decision," said Jim Barkow, general manager of Bazaarvoice Media. "The results illuminate the opportunity for the digital advertising community to improve brand consideration and purchase intent by targeting the consumer in the retail experience. Although Shopper Media has only recently entered the advertising mainstream, we can now directly show its potential influence on consumers."
Conducted in September 2013 by Wakefield Research among 2,000 U.S. adults, the Bazaarvoice Shopper Media Survey also shows that, when ads are displayed on retailer websites, the positive impact on click-through and purchase intent can be seen across a range of industries, including:
- Consumer Electronics: For technology purchases such as a printer or TV, consumers, on average, were 18 percent more likely to click an advertisement and 22 percent more likely to purchase a product.
- Home & Kitchen: For products such as kitchen appliances or home furnishings, consumers, on average, were 27 percent more likely to click an advertisement and 21 percent more likely to purchase an item.
- Apparel: For products such as clothing and footwear, consumers, on average, were 23 percent more likely to click an advertisement and 20 percent more likely to purchase the product.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV