Knight Transportation, Inc. (NYSE: KNX), one of North America’s largest and most diversified truckload transportation companies, today reported revenue and net income for the third quarter ended Sept 30, 2013.
Key financial highlights for the third quarter and first nine months of 2013 and 2012 were as follows:
Three Months Ended Sept 30,(dollars in thousands, except per share data)
Nine Months Ended Sept 30,(dollars in thousands, except per share data)
|Revenue, excluding trucking fuel surcharge||$195,847||$192,550||1.7%||$585,551||$556,987||5.1%|
|GAAP operating income||$24,274||$27,767||-12.6%||$81,743||$79,703||2.6%|
|Adjusted operating income||NA||NA||NA||$81,743||
|GAAP net income||$15,059||$16,584||-9.2%||$49,181||$46,418||6.0%|
|Adjusted net income||NA||NA||NA||$49,181||
|GAAP earnings per diluted share||$0.19||$0.21||-9.7%||$0.61||$0.58||5.6%|
|Adjusted earnings per diluted share||NA||NA||NA||$0.61||
(1) The 1 st quarter of 2012 included a $4.0 million non-cash charge ($3.9 million after tax) for stock option acceleration. See GAAP to Non-GAAP reconciliation schedule. GAAP and Non-GAAP measurements for 2013 are identical.
The company previously announced a quarterly cash dividend of $0.06 per share to shareholders of record on September 6, 2013, which was paid on September 25, 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV