SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Synaptics Inc. (NASDAQ: SYNA), a leading developer of human interface solutions, today announced that Amazon has selected the industry-leading ClearPad ® 7300 capacitive touchscreen solution to power its third-generation 7-inch Kindle Fire HD, and the all-new 7-inch Kindle Fire HDX line of powerhouse tablets. As part of its industry leading portfolio of touch controllers for tablets and notebook PCs, users can enjoy the 10-finger touch support and benefit from the lower power consumption that is delivered through Synaptics ClearPad 7300 touch solution. By partnering with industry leaders such as Amazon, Synaptics further positions itself as the leading supplier of human interface solutions for the tablet market, which continues to be an expanding opportunity for the company.
With increasing frequency, OEMs are looking to Synaptics for innovative touchscreen solutions that deliver an unparalleled user experiences as the tablet market continues to grow. By leveraging Synaptics' ClearPad family of capacitive touchscreen solutions, OEMs such as Amazon can develop thinner, lighter tablets with increased portability for today's generation of on-the-go consumers, all while reducing overall total system costs.
ClearPad 7300 Key Benefits :
- Single ASIC architecture: Enables thinner and lighter tablet designs by reducing PCB real estate, resulting in reduction of overall total system costs.
- Accurate and Responsive: High sensing channel counts and advanced algorithms enable accurate and responsive touch sensing performance over the entire touchscreen surface.
- Low Power Requirements: Optimized for minimum power consumption to extend battery life and efficiency for large-format devices.
"The Amazon Kindle brand has become ubiquitous among on-the-go consumers, and we believe this next generation of tablets will offer the high-quality touch experiences thatKindle Fire users expect," said Brian Roberts, senior director of large touchscreen solutions, for Synaptics. "We're excited to partner with Amazon as it introduces its newest line of Kindle Fire devices to the market, using our industry leading ClearPad touchscreen solutions." AvailabilitySynaptics ClearPad 7300 touchscreen solution is available for mass production, and is part of the company's industry leading portfolio of touch controllers for smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs. For up-to-the-minute Synaptics news, follow @SynaCorp on Twitter. For more information on Synaptics' products and solutions please visit www.synaptics.com. About SynapticsAs a leading developer of human interface solutions which enhance the user experience, Synaptics provides the broadest touch solutions portfolio in the industry. The ClearPad ® family supports touchscreen solutions for devices ranging from entry-level mobile phones to flagship premium smartphones, tablets and notebook PCs. The TouchPad™ family, including ClickPad ™ and ForcePad ®, is integrated into the majority of today's notebook PCs. Synaptics' wide portfolio also includes ThinTouch ® supporting thin and light keyboard solutions, as well as key technologies for next generation touch-enabled video and display applications. (NASDAQ: SYNA) www.synaptics.com Synaptics and the Synaptics logo are trademarks of Synaptics in the United States and/or other countries. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. For further information, please contact: Nick RottlerSynaptics408-904-1820 firstname.lastname@example.org Public Relations:Starlayne MezaText 100 Global Communications 415-593-8431 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV