LAS VEGAS, Oct. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For many years the aviation industry has been eagerly anticipating the launch of the shrouded-in-secrecy Dassault Super-midsize (SMS) jet. Described by the press as the biggest news at this year's NBAA convention in Las Vegas, the unveiling occurred this week to a standing-room only crowd of international press, with the SMS being officially named the Dassault Falcon 5X. It is the largest, most powerful, and most advanced Falcon jet ever built by Dassault.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=21740
One of the most remarkable new aircraft interior design innovations on the Falcon 5X is the "zenith window" – a roof window welcoming passengers and crew as they enter the aircraft to create an elegant and spacious feeling. This is a true industry milestone – business aviation's first skylight. To offer this enhanced cabin interior feature, Dassault was faced with a critical need to manage the intense solar light, glare and heat coming into the cabin, particularly when the aircraft is at altitude, where the solar rays, including ultraviolet radiation, are much stronger than when on the ground.Vision Systems President and CEO, Carl Putman explained the background behind this latest innovation: "Our dimmable solution based on our Nuance product was a unique response to meet Dassault's requirement to realize its breakthrough innovation: the cabin skylight. No mechanical blind could have been integrated in such compact and critical environment. The optical performance and the fast reactivity of our technology allowed Dassault to achieve an exceptional ambiance in the cabin of their new Falcon 5X."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV