"We started using Jive at the beginning of the year and have already seen an incredibly powerful impact on how employees communicate and collaborate with each other," said Lindsay Lamb, marketing operations, Pharos Systems International. "The innovations coming out of the Fall cloud release — from the integrated messaging to the new social task system — will help us further transform the way we work and drive even greater productivity gains at every level of the company."Portals Redefined The primary use cases for modern enterprise portals are finding and connecting with people, sharing and consuming information by the broad employee population and creating meaningful departmental environments. The Jive Fall cloud release delivers on these needs through a handful of new features.
- A key activity in most enterprise portals is searching for people. Jive's Social Directory provides a simple way to find experts and source talent inside the company. People can now endorse colleagues' skills -- making it easier than ever to find the person with the right expertise. Employees can use these new expertise identification capabilities to find experts quickly. For example, when creating new groups or projects, Jive auto-suggests colleagues that match the needed talents. Additionally, Jive's profiles now offer a 360-degree view of fellow employees, including how they are connected within the org, their professional experience, their most impactful contributions, and trending content and recent activity, plus a gallery view of photos.
- With Impact Metrics executives and information workers can view how employees receive their internal blogs and strategy documents, including sentiment analysis, readers, whether targeted departments received a particular message, and who's actions drove the distribution and improved message reach.
- Jive Fall cloud release offers a flexible and intuitive portal platform that organizations can easily customize, helping individual departments within a company build dynamic, engaging portals in minutes for improved employee enablement and team coordination.
- With new real-time messaging embedded directly within the Jive platform, employees can initiate 1:1 or group real time conversations that carry through seamlessly for offline users, or they can see who else is viewing the same document and start a virtual hallway conversation right in context.
- The Social Task System, integrates Producteev directly within the Jive platform. People can easily create, assign and schedule tasks within Jive, including inside meeting notes, blogs, projects, profiles, spaces and groups. Additionally, people can now create tasks in-line in emails and direct them to the Jive community – providing easy tracking for the sender and checklists for recipients, ultimately reducing lost asks and removing the need for nagging follow-ups.
- Similar to the deep integration with Box for file storage, people can now access Google Drive, directly from Jive. Bi-directionally sync Jive to Drive and comment, mark final or needs action, make decisions and ask questions related to a document stored in Drive, right from the Jive platform. Or, work on files right in Drive while still connected to all the talent and resources of the company. And, get relevant profiles and Jive conversations from within Gmail, including the ability to comment, interact and create new Jive discussions from existing emails.
- In a world with more and more apps generating activity feeds, customers can bring all streams, including now Facebook and Twitter, into Jive to help people collaborate and get work done without having to login to multiple locations.
- Jive's Fall cloud release offers more integration capabilities for third-party developers than any other social platform in the enterprise, including the ability to tie in any content system or document management system, build deeply integrated apps and create interactive activity stream objects that drive added collaboration benefits.
- A new Universal App seamlessly brings all of the Jive Fall cloud release features on to iPad and iPhone devices. Designed with the new iOS7 functionality, people can now create content using a new rich-text editor, take mobile videos and upload them onto their enterprise social network, use new search filters to find content as quickly as possible and view enhanced profile features and make expert recommendations within the social directory directly from their devices.