NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Today's buy-and-trade earnings previews cover 13 companies; three from the consumer discretionary sector, two from the basic materials sector and two from the transportation sector. There is one stock each in the aerospace, auto-tires-trucks, computer and technology, construction, the multi-sector conglomerates and the retail-wholesale sectors.
The ValuEngine valuation warning remains in place with 78.5% of all stocks being overvalued, 46.7% by 20% or more. 15 of 16 sectors are overvalued by double-digit percentages, 11 by 21.1% to 27.8%.
The aerospace sector is 22.7% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 74 stocks in this sector 67.6% have sell or strong sell ratings.
The auto-tires-trucks sector is 27% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 97 stocks in this sector 40.2% have sell or strong sell ratings.The basic materials sector is 3.5% undervalued with an underweight rating. Of the 401 stocks in this sector 57.4% have sell or strong sell ratings. The computer and technology sector is 25.9% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 1155 stocks in this sector 47.4% have buy or strong buy ratings. The construction sector is 17% overvalued with an underweight rating. Of the 159 stocks in this sector 53.5% have sell or strong sell ratings. The consumer discretionary sector is 25.2% overvalued with an equal-weight rating. Of the 401 stocks in this sector 82.5% have hold ratings. The multi-sector conglomerates sector is 21.5% overvalued with an overweight rating. Of the 51 stocks in this sector 64.7% have buy or strong buy ratings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV