Ex-Im Bank Announces More Than $1 Billion In Revenues Generated For Taxpayers In FY 2013
WASHINGTON, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) today announced it has transferred more than $1 billion ( $1056.9 million to be exact) in revenues to the U.S. Treasury's General Fund for fiscal year 2013. This revenue, generated for U.S. taxpayers from fees and services, is what the Bank earned above its operating costs and loan loss reserves.
"From supporting jobs to helping reduce our deficit, the Export-Import Bank is making a difference for our economy and working for the American taxpayer," said Ex-Im Bank Chairman and President Fred P. Hochberg. "In addition to sustaining hundreds of thousands of American jobs, Ex-Im Bank also generated more than $1 billion dollars for the U.S. Treasury last year alone. These numbers are a testament to the dedication and hard work of Ex-Im Bank's staff and I want to take this opportunity to thank them for their service."
Ex- Im Bank generates revenues for U.S. taxpayers by collecting fees from its customers.About Ex-Im BankEx- Im Bank is an independent federal agency that helps create and maintain U.S. jobs by filling gaps in private export financing at no cost to American taxpayers. The Bank provides a variety of financing mechanisms, including working capital guarantees, export-credit insurance and financing to help foreign buyers purchase U.S. goods and services. Ex- Im Bank's total authorizations are supporting an estimated $50 billion in U.S. export sales and approximately 255,000 American jobs in communities across the country. For more information, visit www.exim.gov. SOURCE Export-Import Bank of the United States
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV