- Third quarter 2013 net revenues 1 were a record $506 million, up 23% from the prior year quarter. On an organic basis, assuming constant currency and excluding acquisitions, net revenues increased 4% year-over-year.
- Third quarter 2013 GAAP and non-GAAP diluted EPS of $0.66.
- Achieved organic revenue growth year-over-year in all three non-trading business segments, Information Services, Technology Solutions, and Listing Services.
- Non-transaction based revenues were 73% of our total third quarter 2013 net revenues, and increased 27% from the prior year quarter.
- Third quarter 2013 is the first full quarter to reflect the acquired eSpeed and Thomson Reuters IR, PR, and Multimedia businesses, establishing new revenue and operating profit base-lines.
- De-leveraging plan is on schedule, NASDAQ OMX paid down $98 million of debt in the third quarter of 2013.
NEW YORK, Oct. 23, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today reported results for the third quarter of 2013. Third quarter net revenues were $506 million, up from $412 million in the prior year period, driven by both acquisitions and organic growth in Technology Solutions, Information Services, and Listing Services. On an organic basis third quarter net revenues increased 4% year-over-year.
"This quarter is a great illustration of our strategy and the transformation of the fundamental business and revenue profile of NASDAQ OMX," said Bob Greifeld, CEO, NASDAQ OMX. "We now feature a Technology Solutions segment composed of dominant industry leaders, with over $500 million of annualized revenue in the third quarter, and a Market Services segment which now sees two thirds of its transaction revenue coming from derivative and fixed income categories, each with strong secular growth opportunities. The industry leadership, unique product and service offering, and earnings potential create a compelling franchise for investors and an unmatched partner for our customers."
Mr. Greifeld continued, "Today, businesses comprising 97% of our company's revenues feature either #1 or #2 revenue rankings in their respective industries. Our customers have put us in strong competitive positions through the value they place on our technology, systems, products and services. Our acquisitions of eSpeed and the IR, PR, and Multimedia businesses of Thomson Reuters are ahead of plan and are accretive to earnings, and although we have more to do to ensure they realize their full potential, our confidence has never been stronger in our ability to continue to service the market, deliver for our customers, and create returns for our shareholders."Operating expenses were $304 million in the third quarter of 2013, compared to $242 million in the prior year quarter. On a non-GAAP basis, third quarter 2013 operating expenses were also $304 million, up 32% as compared to the prior year quarter, primarily due to the inclusion of expenses associated with the acquisitions of Thomson Reuters' IR, PR and Multimedia businesses and the eSpeed electronic fixed income platform. On an organic basis (constant currency and excluding acquisitions), third quarter non-GAAP operating expenses were up 7%, representing a 6% increase in core expenses and a 1% impact from higher GIFT spending. Through the first nine months of 2013, non-GAAP operating expenses were up 2% on an organic basis.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV