NEW YORK and PHOENIX, Oct. 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. ("ARCP") (NASDAQ: ARCP) and Cole Real Estate Investments, Inc. ("Cole") (NYSE: COLE) announced today that they have signed a definitive agreement to merge the two companies (the "Merger Agreement"). The transaction is valued at $11.2 billion and will create the largest net lease REIT with an enterprise value of $21.5 billion. The Merger Agreement has been unanimously approved by the board of directors of each company and is subject to customary closing conditions, including stockholder votes by both companies. ARCP has secured $2.75 billion of fully committed financing from Barclays in connection with the transaction, which is expected to close in the first half of 2014.
- AFFO Growth: Updated ARCP AFFO pro forma 2014 guidance of $1.13 to $1.19 per share, as described in Annex A; target payout ratio of 85% to 90%.
- Dividend Increase: ARCP dividend per share on closing increases to $1.00.
- Significant Deleveraging: ARCP net debt to EBITDA ratio declines from 9.1x to 7.7x by year end 2014.
- Expense Synergies: $70 million of year one expense synergies expected.
- Scale and Competiveness: 64% larger than the closest comparable net lease REIT. Size and scale create operating and revenue efficiencies, including lower cost of capital, superior growth opportunities and higher investor returns.
- Portfolio Quality: Superior diversification by asset type, tenancy, industry and geography; 47% investment grade tenancy; 99% occupied; 11 years remaining average lease term.
- Optimization of Core Capabilities: In addition to the durability provided by the single tenant net lease portfolio, the multi-tenant retail properties coupled with the "vintage" (mid-term) net leased properties provide significant rent growth potential.
- Cost of Capital Advantages: ARCP's investment grade rating allows for significantly lower cost of financing, which is highly accretive to its overall corporate earnings.
- Increased Institutional Coverage: Transaction positions ARCP for potential inclusion in the S&P 500.
Best-in-Class Property Portfolio As a result of the merger, ARCP is expected to solidify sector leadership among net lease REITs with a pro forma combined company portfolio of 3,732 properties leased to over 600 tenants occupying over 100 million square feet in 49 states and Puerto Rico. More than 47% of annualized rents will be from investment grade tenants. ARCP will be 99% occupied with an average remaining lease term of 11 years. Enterprise value will total more than $21.5 billion, 64% more than its next largest competitor.Additionally, Cole's Private Capital Management business, a premier net lease REIT sponsor, will remain intact and continue to provide meaningful revenue contribution to ARCP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV