Customers around the World Benefit from PowerEdge VRTX Design and CapabilitiesCustomers across the globe and with diverse use cases have selected Dell PowerEdge VRTX to reduce hardware complexity, improve IT efficiency and provide the scalability necessary to handle performance spikes and business growth. Dell PowerEdge VRTX is already being adopted by customers in the retail, financial services and healthcare industries, and is now expanding its vertical reach and entering into new markets, such as education and manufacturing.
- “The Dell PowerEdge VRTX is a great solution for our school districts and helps reduce server sprawl and simplifies maintenance and management,” said Ken Morrill, network analyst, Washington-Saratoga Board of Cooperative Educational Services. “One of the biggest attractions of the Dell PowerEdge VRTX for us is the low cooling and power requirement, because our districts generally do not have purpose-built data centers with robust air conditioning and power supplies. With VRTX, we can consolidate three or four servers down to just one efficient unit.”
- “There were many things that impressed us about the Dell PowerEdge VRTX, but being a converged solution designed for the small office with compute power, shared storage capacity, high availability capabilities and robust systems management made it a clear winner,” said an IT director at Ma’anshan Spanesi Car Repair Equipment. “In a short period of time, we’ve been able to reduce the total cost of ownership by 30% and it provides the full systems management capabilities that we were lacking in our previous solutions.”
- “Dell PowerEdge VRTX will allow us to remove a considerable amount of weight from our airfreight, providing a significant cost saving whilst reducing the size of the data center considerably,” said Joe Birkett, senior IT engineer, Caterham F1 Team. “All of this can be achieved while improving our existing performance capability with next gen CPUs, reducing power consumption and cooling requirements massively, simplifying our cabling requirements, improving reliability and making our operations more efficient. Furthermore, VRTX will also allow us to improve our trackside disaster recovery as we will easily be able to run two units as a failover pair in separate locations at all times.”
- The AppAssure integration with VRTX will be available in the U.S. in November 2013 and in EMEA in the first quarter of 2014.
- The Dell Financial Services offering 1 is running through February 2014 and is available directly from Dell and from channel partners; please contact your channel partner or Dell Account Manager for additional information.
- For more information on how PowerEdge VRTX benefits specific verticals, please see the following infographics: Retail, Healthcare, Education.
- For more information on enabling desktop virtualization on VRTX, please visit this blog.