B/E Aerospace, Inc. (NASDAQ: BEAV), the world’s leading manufacturer of aircraft cabin interior products and the world’s leading provider of aerospace fasteners, consumables and logistics services, today announced its third quarter 2013 financial results.
THIRD QUARTER 2013 HIGHLIGHTS VERSUS THIRD QUARTER PRIOR YEAR
- Revenues increased 16 percent.
- Operating earnings increased 19 percent.
- Earnings per diluted share increased 25 percent.
- Full-year 2013 guidance raised to $3.52 per diluted share (excludes current period acquisition expenses).
- The Company established its full-year 2014 guidance of approximately $4.25 per diluted share, representing a year-over-year increase of approximately 21 percent.
THIRD QUARTER CONSOLIDATED RESULTS
Third quarter 2013 revenues of $888.1 million increased $121.4 million, or 15.8 percent, as compared with the prior year period.Third quarter 2013 operating earnings were $160.1 million, an increase of 19.2 percent, and operating margin of 18.0 percent increased 50 basis points as compared to the prior year period. Acquisition, integration and transaction (AIT) costs in the third quarter were approximately $6.9 million, including expenses associated with the Blue Dot Energy Services LLC (Blue Dot) acquisition. Operating earnings, adjusted to exclude AIT costs, were $167.0 million, an increase of 20.2 percent, and adjusted operating margin of 18.8 percent increased 70 basis points compared to the prior year similarly adjusted to exclude AIT costs. Third quarter 2013 net earnings and earnings per diluted share were $92.7 million and $0.89 per share, increases of 26.5 percent and 25.4 percent, respectively, as compared with the prior year period, as adjusted to exclude third quarter 2012 debt prepayment costs and adjusting the third quarter 2012 tax rate to the higher third quarter 2013 tax rate for comparability purposes. Commenting on the Company’s third quarter 2013 performance, Amin J. Khoury, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of B/E Aerospace said, “Today’s third quarter 2013 results include record quarterly revenues, bookings, and operating earnings. Our revenue growth this quarter was driven by a double-digit increase in aftermarket demand, as well as a double-digit increase in demand related to the strong commercial aircraft delivery cycle. In addition, we are pleased to report that the consumables management segment aftermarket business experienced an accelerating growth rate in both revenues and orders during the quarter.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV