SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Oclaro, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCLR), a leading provider and innovator of optical communications solutions, today announced Pete Mangan, a 30-year technology finance veteran, has been appointed as chief financial officer (CFO), effective November 11, 2013. Mangan, currently vice president, corporate finance for Oclaro, will succeed Jerry Turin, who previously announced plans to resign on November 8, 2013 to pursue other opportunities. Mangan will report directly to Greg Dougherty, CEO.
"As vice president of corporate finance, Pete has been an instrumental leader in helping drive our restructuring plan," said Greg Dougherty, chief executive officer, Oclaro. "His financial discipline and his wealth of experience in finance, restructuring and technology businesses are a strong complement to the executive team and we anticipate a seamless transition into his new role as CFO."
Mr. Mangan joined Oclaro in May 2012 as vice president of corporate finance. Since joining the company he has been responsible for the global operations finance team and recently the corporate accounting and tax group. Mr. Mangan brings Oclaro nearly 30 years of experience in a wide range of finance positions with leading companies including AMD, Trident Microsystems, FormFactor, Spansion, Asyst Technologies, and Sun Microsystems. Mangan served as CFO at Trident Microsystems from 1996 to 1998 and again from 2008 to 2012. He holds a bachelor's degree in Business Economics from UC Santa Barbara."Oclaro is making progress on its plans to return the company to fiscal stability," said Mangan. "Our recently announced divestitures are an important step in restructuring the company. I look forward to working even more closely with the Oclaro executive team to create a successful turn-around and sustainable company."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV