NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Unlike BlackBerry (BBRY), Nokia (NOK) and Microsoft (MSFT) refuse to succumb to the seemingly unstoppable market dominance of Apple (AAPL) and Google's (GOOG) Android platform.
In fact, the Nokia-Microsoft partnership appears to be thriving. AT&T (T) announced an exclusive carrier deal for the upcoming Lumia 1520. The 1520 is the largest Windows phone yet, with a six-inch display.
For AT&T investors, the Lumia 1520 may result in much greater profits than you may instinctively assume.
A larger display almost assuredly means greater data consumption compared to other phones. Larger displays also attract business and power users. For users with a larger screen, many applications that only made sense on a tablet or laptop will now work great on a phone. Lumia 1520 users probably won't need to buy a seven-inch Kindle Fire from Amazon (AMZN).T EPS Basic Quarterly data by YCharts
AT&T is at the epicenter and stands to capture market share in ways unseen since the end of the exclusive iPhone marriage. That's a bold statement about a phone, especially after my plethora of BlackBerry 10 articles describing why one phone doesn't matter. The difference is that this is but one of many game-changing phones coming from Nokia. Regardless if you're reading this article from your office or from home, if you're on a desktop it's probably a Windows or an Apple machine, leaving Google as the odd man out. It's a short bridge for AT&T wireless reps to sell an existing Windows user a large-screen Windows phone compared to the Galaxy Notes-running Android.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV