- Company continues to execute network growth strategy
- Third quarter absorption ratio of 114.6%
- Increased truck sales from Navistar Division
SAN ANTONIO, Texas, Oct. 22, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Rush Enterprises, Inc. (Nasdaq:RUSHA) & (Nasdaq:RUSHB), which operates the largest network of commercial vehicle dealerships in North America, today announced that for the quarter ended September 30, 2013, the Company's net income was $15.2 million, or $0.37 per diluted share, compared with net income of $14.9 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, in the quarter ended September 30, 2012.
"While we are pleased with our revenue growth this quarter, we continue to make substantial investments in acquisitions, technology and human resources that are necessary to support the growth of the organization and our long-term strategy. I would like to extend my congratulations to all of our employees for their contributions to our successful performance this quarter," said W.M. "Rusty" Rush, Chairman, CEO and President of Rush Enterprises, Inc.
OperationsAftermarket Solutions Aftermarket services remained strong and accounted for more than 64% of the Company's total gross profits for the third quarter of 2013. Third quarter parts, service and body shop revenues increased by 22.2% compared to the third quarter of 2012. This contributed to a quarterly absorption ratio of 114.6%. "On-going demand for maintenance and repair of aged vehicles combined with our focus on aftermarket solutions continued to drive our strong parts, service and body shop revenues and absorption performance," said Rush. "Our primary service goal is to always help keep our customers up and running. We remain committed to expanding our portfolio of parts and service solutions, investing in technology to improve diagnostics and customer communication and replicating best practices and exceptional customer care across our network," he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV