As traders in currencies and foreign bonds become more choosy, it becomes more important for you to do the same.
With this in mind, we screened for stocks based in South Korea and Mexico that are traded on US exchanges, since both countries seem least likely to face strong headwinds when QE tapers off.
Our screen looked for strong projected earnings per share (EPS) growth over the next 5 years, an estimate of how well a company is going to grow in the foreseeable future. We also limited our results to those stocks with a rating of 'buy' or higher from top-side analysts.
We were left with 6 companies on our list. To compare them against emerging markets as a whole, we also included two ETFs that focus on these regions.Click on the interactive chart to view analyst ratings over time. Do you see investment opportunities in emerging markets like Mexico and South Korea? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Gruma S.A.B. de CV (GMK): Engages in the production, marketing, distribution, and sale of tortillas, corn flour, wheat flour, and related products. Market cap at $2.74B, most recent closing price at $24.45. EPS Growth Next 5 Yrs: 41.32%. 2. KB Financial Group, Inc. (KB): Operates as a holding company for Kookmin Bank that provides various financial products in Korea. Market cap at $15.63B, most recent closing price at $40.56. EPS Growth Next 5 Yrs: 5.5%. 3.Korea Electric Power Corp. (KEP): Engages in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity in Korea. Market cap at $16.31B, most recent closing price at $12.85. EPS Growth Next 5 Yrs: 7.4%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV