In the news release, Verizon Donates $100,000 to North Carolina Domestic Violence Programs, issued Oct. 22, 2013 by Verizon Foundation over PR Newswire, we are advised by the company that in the 3rd paragraph the name of the vice chancellor of student affairs is Winston B. Crisp. The complete, corrected release follows:
Verizon Donates $100,000 to North Carolina Domestic Violence Programs
Funds from the Verizon Foundation to support domestic violence prevention efforts that engage youth and men across the state.
Oct. 22, 2013, RALEIGH, N.C. /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon announces more than $100,000 in grants to domestic violence prevention efforts across North Carolina. The funds will support programs that educate youth and men about healthy relationships and domestic violence with a goal of stopping the cycle of abuse.
Attorney General Roy Cooper reports i a 15 percent increase in North Carolina domestic violence deaths in 2012. During October, which is Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM), victim care agencies across the state work to drive home the need for change.
"We absolutely recognize that interpersonal violence is a major issue in our society and recognize the importance of training young men to be a part of the solution. We are thrilled to partner with Verizon to address this critical issue through the Healthy Men Project, a multi-level campus intervention that aims to promote healthy masculinity and recruit men for involvement in UNC-Chapel Hill's violence prevention efforts," said Winston B. Crisp vice chancellor of student affairs at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill."Verizon believes individuals can reverse the negative trends in family violence and sexual assault," said Jerry Fountain, president for Verizon's Carolinas/ Tennessee region. "This investment in prevention initiatives is a symbol of our ongoing commitment to ending the cycle of violence in our communities." In addition to UNC Chapel Hill, the following organizations benefitted from Verizon Foundation grants:
- Cleveland County Abuse Prevention Council ii, Shelby
- Domestic Violence Shelter and Services iii, Wilmington
- InterAct iv, Raleigh
- Safe Alliance v, Charlotte
- The Wellness Center at UNC Greensboro vi
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV