FREEHOLD, N.J., Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation (NYSE: MNR) today announced the acquisition of a 46,260 square foot industrial building located at 2800 North Garnett Road, Tulsa, Oklahoma at a purchase price of $3,700,000. The property is net-leased for 15 years with 10.5 years remaining to The American Bottling Company. The lease is guaranteed by the parent company, Dr Pepper Snapple Group, Inc. The building is situated on approximately 7.3 acres.
Michael P. Landy, President and CEO, commented, "We are very pleased to welcome Dr Pepper Snapple Group to our roster of high quality tenants. Dr Pepper Snapple Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of non-alcoholic beverages in the US, Mexico, and Canada. In addition to Dr Pepper and Snapple, their brands include Mott's, Canada Dry, A&W, Schweppes, Sunkist, RC Cola, Hawaiian Punch, Seven Up, Yoo-Hoo, and others. This Class A, built-to-suit distribution center is located at the Tulsa International Airport and has expansion capabilities."
Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation, founded in 1968 and one of the oldest public equity REITs in the U.S., specializes in net-leased industrial properties subject to long-term leases primarily to investment grade tenants. The Company is a fully integrated and self-managed real estate company, whose property portfolio consists of seventy-six industrial properties and one shopping center located in twenty-six states, containing a total of approximately 9.6 million rentable square feet. In addition, the Company owns a portfolio of REIT securities.
SOURCE Monmouth Real Estate Investment Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV