KBR (NYSE: KBR), a world-leading provider of refinery technologies, announced today that JX Nippon Oil and Energy Corporation (JX Corp) has again selected KBR’s ROSE® technology for the Kashima refinery expansion project in Japan. This award marks the second ROSE ® unit for JX Corp.
KBR will supply the technology licensor basic engineering package in support of the Kashima refinery’s aggressive schedule of completing construction by the end of 2015. The technology is expected to significantly enhance the profitability of the refinery.
The ROSE ® technology will make it possible to separate large amounts of deasphalted oil (DAO) from residue feed. DAO from the ROSE ® units contain the lowest possible quantities of asphaltene which help in reducing catalyst consumption and will improve performance of the downstream hydroprocessing units.
“KBR is pleased that our world-leading ROSE ® technology has again been selected by JX Corp for its Kashima refinery after successful experience with ROSE ® at the Mizushma refinery,” said John Derbyshire, President, KBR Technology. “I am confident that our technology design will deliver greater production capacity, enhance profitability of the refinery and enable JX Corp to achieve its strategic business objectives.”KBR is a global engineering, construction and services company supporting the energy, hydrocarbon, power, industrial, civil infrastructure, minerals, government services and commercial markets. For more information, visit www.kbr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV