NEW YORK and REDWOOD CITY, California and HILDEN, Germany, October 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- Mount Sinai collaboration with QIAGEN Center of Excellence in Biological Interpretation demonstrates translational value of high-quality analysis of gene variants in rare diseases
- Accuracy and ease of use for clinical and labora to ry geneticists and other medical professionals are cited in selection of genomic analysis solutions from QIAGEN
- Medical school also will use Ingenuity Variant Analysis to train next generation of medical professionals in genome interpretation
QIAGEN N.V. (NASDAQ: QGEN; Frankfurt Prime Standard: QIA) today announced that the Mount Sinai Genetic Testing Laboratory and the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology at Mount Sinai in New York City have adopted the Ingenuity ® Variant Analysis™ solution for research and translational genomics applications related to characterizing and identifying rare diseases. Ingenuity Variant Analysis will also serve as the genome interpretation platform for training at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai that gives researchers and future physicians the opportunity to sequence and perform detailed analyses of their own genomes.
QIAGEN's Ingenuity Variant Analysis is a web-based software application that quickly filters genetic variants to identify those most likely to cause disease, providing researchers a powerful platform for efficiently evaluating data generated by high-throughput next-generation sequencing (NGS) technologies. It is built on the Ingenuity Knowledge Base, the most extensive manually curated, integrated repository of genomic information, scientific literature, and public databases.
The Genetic Testing Lab and Icahn Institute chose Ingenuity Variant Analysis because of its accuracy and ease of use for clinical and laboratory geneticists and other professionals investigating links between known mutations and rare diseases, according to Eric Schadt, Ph.D., Director of the Icahn Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology, Chair of the Department of Genetics and Genomics Sciences, and the Jean C. and James W. Crystal Professor of Genomics at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai."In our efforts to provide answers to families who may have spent years on a frustrating and painful diagnostic odyssey, this ability to dramatically accelerate the process of getting to a medically relevant insight is invaluable," Dr. Schadt said. "Our mission is to bring to bear as much information as possible to help each patient. The combination of Ingenuity Variant Analysis and the Ingenuity Knowledge Base is an essential part of achieving that goal."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV