Research and development expenses for the third quarter of 2013 were $8.1 million, as compared to $6.2 million for the comparable quarter in 2012. Increases in 2013 were primarily due to pass-through license fees paid by Dyax licensees under the LFRP. For the nine months ended September 30, 2013, research and development expenses were $23.2 million, as compared to $22.7 million for the same period in 2012.
Selling, general and administrative expenses were $8.5 million for the third quarter of 2013, as compared to $9.1 million for the comparable quarter in 2012. For the nine months ended September 30, 2013, selling, general and administrative costs were $29.8 million, as compared to $29.9 million for the same period in 2012.
For the quarter ended September 30, 2013, Dyax reported a net loss of $6.2 million or $0.06 per share attributable to common stockholders, as compared to a net loss of $5.2 million or $0.05 per share for the comparable quarter in 2012. For the nine months ended September 30, 2013, Dyax reported a net loss of $25.8 million or $0.25 per share attributable to common stockholders, as compared to a net loss of $24.4 million or $0.25 per share for the comparable period in 2012.
As of September 30, 2013, Dyax had cash, cash equivalents, and investments totaling $47.1 million, exclusive of restricted cash. Inclusive of the $64.7 million of net proceeds from the equity offering completed in October 2013, Dyax would have had cash, cash equivalents, and investments totaling $111.8 million, as of September 30, 2013.Financial Guidance Dyax has reiterated its previously disclosed financial guidance for 2013:
- Top-line total revenue to be in the range of $53-58 million, includingKALBITOR net sales of $40-44 million.
|Webcast and Conference Call|
|Date:||Tuesday, October 22, 2013|
|Time:||5:00 p.m. ET|
|Telephone Access:||Domestic callers, dial 877-674-2415; reference the Dyax conference call|
|International callers, dial 708-290-1364|
|No passcode required.|
|Online Access:||Go to the Investor Relations section of the Dyax website ( www.dyax.com) and follow instructions for accessing the live webcast. Participants may register in advance.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV