Dyax Corp. (NASDAQ: DYAX) today announced financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013. Dyax will host a webcast and conference call at 5:00 p.m. (ET) today to review financial results and provide updates regarding its key value drivers – the Hereditary Angioedema (HAE) business, including KALBITOR ® (ecallantide) and DX-2930, and the Licensing and Funded Research Program (LFRP).
Recent highlights include:
- Initiation of a Phase 1 study of DX-2930 to evaluate the safety and tolerability of a single subcutaneous administration of DX-2930, Dyax’s fully human monoclonal antibody inhibitor of plasma kallikrein, which is being developed for potential prophylactic use in HAE;
- KALBITOR ® net sales for the third quarter 2013, all of which were to distributors, increased over the second quarter 2013 to $10.8 million, after an estimated 14% reduction in KALBITOR units in the distributor channel inventory;
- KALBITOR patient demand units (units sold by distributors to hospitals or patients) increased in the third quarter by an estimated 8% over the second quarter of 2013 and an estimated 11% over the third quarter of 2012;
- Eli Lilly’s completion of a rolling Biologics License Application (BLA) in the U.S. and a marketing authorization application (MAA) in Europe in second-line advanced gastric cancer using ramucirumab, a monoclonal antibody in Dyax’s LFRP portfolio;
- Completion of an equity financing in October 2013 which provided net proceeds of approximately $64.7 million;
- Cash, cash equivalents and investments at September 30, 2013 totaled approximately $47.1 million; the pro-forma balance, inclusive of the net proceeds of the October equity financing, totaled approximately $111.8 million.
“Dyax saw a number of important milestones in the third quarter, including growth in the KALBITOR business and successful initiation of the clinical program for DX-2930, a wholly-owned product candidate currently in development for potential prophylactic use in HAE,” said Gustav Christensen, President and Chief Executive Officer of Dyax. “Additionally, there were a number of positive Phase 3 data readouts from LFRP candidates, as well as the completion of marketing applications in the U.S. and Europe for one of these candidates, ramucirumab, for second-line advanced gastric cancer.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV