Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBST) today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013. The Company will host a conference call and webcast today at 5:00 p.m. ET (details below).
Financial highlights for the third quarter of 2013 (unaudited)
- Q3 2013 total net revenues were $266.0 million, up 12% compared to $238.2 million in Q3 2012.
- U.S. CUBICIN® (daptomycin for injection) net product revenues increased 10% to $229.9 million from $208.3 million in Q3 2012. CUBICIN international revenues were $13.0 million compared to $12.0 million in Q3 2012.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) was $0.41 compared to $0.62 in the third quarter of 2012. GAAP diluted EPS was $(0.50) compared to $0.55 in the third quarter of 2012.
- Non-GAAP adjusted operating income was $52.5 million compared to $77.7 million in the third quarter of 2012. GAAP operating income was $4.1 million compared to $70.4 million in the third quarter of 2012.
“This was an exciting quarter for Cubist as we extended our global leadership in the acute care environment and took a major step towards achieving our Building Blocks of Growth strategic goals. We believe our transactions to acquire Trius and Optimer will enhance our product portfolio and position us to further leverage our differentiated business model with our promising pipeline candidates,” said Michael Bonney, Chief Executive Officer of Cubist. “We look forward to another important quarter ahead that we expect will include top-line data readouts from the cUTI and cIAI trials of our Phase 3 candidate ceftolozane/tazobactam.”
Third quarter ENTEREG® (alvimopan) net product revenues were $13.7 million, up 36% compared to $10.1 million in the third quarter of 2012. Service revenues for the Company’s co-promote of DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) for the third quarter were $3.8 million. Other revenues for the third quarter were $5.6 million, which primarily consist of a $5.0 million milestone from Novartis due to achieving a predetermined level of CUBICIN sales in its territories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV