Cubist Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBST) today announced results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013. The Company will host a conference call and webcast today at 5:00 p.m. ET (details below).
Financial highlights for the third quarter of 2013 (unaudited)
- Q3 2013 total net revenues were $266.0 million, up 12% compared to $238.2 million in Q3 2012.
- U.S. CUBICIN® (daptomycin for injection) net product revenues increased 10% to $229.9 million from $208.3 million in Q3 2012. CUBICIN international revenues were $13.0 million compared to $12.0 million in Q3 2012.
- Non-GAAP diluted earnings per share (EPS) was $0.41 compared to $0.62 in the third quarter of 2012. GAAP diluted EPS was $(0.50) compared to $0.55 in the third quarter of 2012.
- Non-GAAP adjusted operating income was $52.5 million compared to $77.7 million in the third quarter of 2012. GAAP operating income was $4.1 million compared to $70.4 million in the third quarter of 2012.
“This was an exciting quarter for Cubist as we extended our global leadership in the acute care environment and took a major step towards achieving our Building Blocks of Growth strategic goals. We believe our transactions to acquire Trius and Optimer will enhance our product portfolio and position us to further leverage our differentiated business model with our promising pipeline candidates,” said Michael Bonney, Chief Executive Officer of Cubist. “We look forward to another important quarter ahead that we expect will include top-line data readouts from the cUTI and cIAI trials of our Phase 3 candidate ceftolozane/tazobactam.”
Third quarter ENTEREG® (alvimopan) net product revenues were $13.7 million, up 36% compared to $10.1 million in the third quarter of 2012. Service revenues for the Company’s co-promote of DIFICID® (fidaxomicin) for the third quarter were $3.8 million. Other revenues for the third quarter were $5.6 million, which primarily consist of a $5.0 million milestone from Novartis due to achieving a predetermined level of CUBICIN sales in its territories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV