"We have real talent in our ranks," Heeres contends. "A number of these employees are well regarded in the broader arts community, having earned commercial success and critical accolades in juried events and festivals in the region and abroad." Among the artists featured are:
- Troy photographer and Compuware videographer Bob Oren, who has shown his photography in solo and group exhibitions at the Detroit Works Project, Mercedes-Benz Research and Development headquarters, Boll Family YMCA, and the Detroit Self-Portrait series sponsored by the Detroit Institute of Arts and the Detroit Free Press, and is represented in private collections and the Burton Historical Collection at the Detroit Public Library.
- IT Manager Shannon Gilmore (Mannone) has been designing and selling jewelry for five years. Her one-of-kind jewelry has appeared in Step by Step Wire magazine and is created using primarily sterling silver, gold-filled semi-precious stones and pearls.
- Works from painter Eric Willis of Compuware's Global Imaging Group are on display at the North American campus of Mercedes-Benz Research and Development and have appeared in exhibitions as far as away as Yeongwol, South Korea.
- Compuware Quality Assurance Analyst Peter Tkacz's works earned first place recognition in the color photography category from the Wyandotte Downriver Council for the Arts for his large panoramic image of Detroit's Zug Island.
- The works of local filmmaker and Systems Programmer Jeannine LaPorte have been featured in a number of film festivals and she is a regular participant in the 48 Hour Film Project, a unique global competition that challenges teams to complete a short film with one character, one line and a prop in 48 hours.
Over the course of the show, visitors and Compuware employees will cast votes for their favorite piece overall, as well as category favorites for Photography, Prints and Paintings, Fine Craft and Video. Follow Compuware on Twitter and Facebook for announcement of the winning pieces.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts