PICKERINGTON, Ohio, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- R.G. Barry Corporation (NASDAQ: DFZ) reports that a federal lawsuit that claimed slippers sold by its Dearfoams brand were unlawfully copied from a competitor has been dismissed with prejudice.
The dismissal was filed Oct. 15 in The United States District Court for The Southern District of Ohio in Columbus in the suit brought against RG Barry by Totes Isotoner Corp. of Cincinnati.
The Dearfoams competitor originally had asked that RG Barry be banned from selling four slipper styles to J.C. Penney after the department store dropped certain Isotoner brand styles last spring in favor of Dearfoams products.
"We have been fully vindicated," said RG Barry President and Chief Executive Officer Greg Tunney. "This was a frivolous suit brought by a competitor who was unhappy about losing market share to us. The Court was not persuaded by any of this competitor's arguments and found that the case was not likely to succeed on its own merits."Earlier this year, the Court denied a preliminary injunction against RG Barry's sale of contested styles to J.C. Penney. Following the decision, the case was dismissed with prejudice, making it a final judgment on claims which were or could have been brought in the case. About RG Barry RG Barry develops accessories brands that provide fashionable, solution-oriented products for a great life. Our primary brands include: Dearfoams slippers dearfoams.com; baggallini handbags, totes and travel accessories baggallini.com; and Foot Petals premium insoles and comfort products footpetals.com. To learn more, visit us at rgbarry.com. SOURCE R.G. Barry Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV