The PSA can be viewed here.
The campaign, in its third year, kicks off as students gear up for holiday break where they will be spending more time at home. Grandparents Gone Wired provides a meaningful, fun, and unique way to spend time with loved ones, and maybe even get grandpa set up social media so he can post real-time updates all the way through Thanksgiving dinner #justspilledgravyonpants.
DoSomething.org has also teamed with AOL, who has a committed team focused on Cause Marketing & Community Relations, to be the lead marketing partner for Grandparents Gone Wired. AOL will be supporting the campaign across the diverse set of its brands focused on the importance of technology. Stars of AOL original series, such as HardWired featuring Justine Ezarik (known online as iJustine) will be supporting the campaign as well.
"I love Grandparents Gone Wired because it's all about teens using their natural abilities to help people in their community stay connected. They are giving something valuable in the form of skills and experience, not through money which isn't relevant for young people," said Nancy Lublin, CEO and Chief Old Person at DoSomething.org. "I'm hoping this year's Grandparents Gone Wired will inspire a movement of Grandma Selfies nationwide.""A reverse mentoring effort, Mentor Up draws on the digital savvy and "can do" spirit of a younger generation to enhance the lives of older adults through technology literacy and the creation of meaningful relationships," said Jo Ann Jenkins, AARP Foundation president. "There are millions of adults 50 and older living in a state of vulnerability. Mentor Up -- together with Grandparents Gone Wired will create opportunities for the generations to reconnect in a variety of ways, ultimately bringing them together." To join Grandparents Gone Wired and learn more visit DoSomething.org/grandparents.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV