AMSTERDAM, Oct. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- "VimpelCom Ltd." ("VimpelCom", "Company" or "Group") (NASDAQ:VIP), a leading global provider of telecommunications services, announces that the Company will be added to the NASDAQ-100 Index® effective October 29, 2013.
"NASDAQ-100 Index inclusion is an important milestone for VimpelCom and one of the reasons we viewed a listing on NASDAQ to be very attractive for the Company," said Jo Lunder, Chief Executive Officer of VimpelCom. "Our listing on NASDAQ was a positive development for our shareholders, which has now been underscored by the Company's inclusion in the NASDAQ-100. Both of these events demonstrate the progress the Company continues to make in executing against the initiatives of its Value Agenda."
Launched in January 1985, the NASDAQ-100 Index® consists of 100 of the largest domestic and international non-financial securities listed on The NASDAQ Stock Market® based on market capitalization. As a result of the NASDAQ-100 inclusion, VimpelCom's common shares will also be included in the PowerShares® QQQ ETF.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV