Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- It's never too late to be more diversified, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Wednesday as the markets seemed to turn on a dime, liking the stocks it previously hated while falling head over heels for the laggards it eschewed just a few days ago.
Cramer said the parts of the three-legged stool of the U.S., Europe and China are all showing signs of weakness. While he doesn't think we're headed towards another global recession, the weakness is causing investors to think twice about which stocks they own.
That's why the red-hot oil stocks have cooled and why some technology stocks such as Altera (ALTR) have been offering up disappointments. Earnings from Caterpillar (CAT) were a disaster, noted Cramer, but that doesn't mean there aren't stocks that are working.With commodity prices falling, companies that use commodities are coming back into favor. That means packaged goods companies such as Coca-Cola (KO) and Hain Celestial (HAIN) are good bets, along with secular growth names like Google (GOOG) and Apple (AAPL), a stock Cramer owns for his charitable trust,
Executive Decision: Mark McLaughlinIn the "Executive Decision" segment, Cramer spoke with Mark McLaughlin, chairman, president and CEO of Palo Alto Networks (PANW), the network security firm that roared into the markets last July with an IPO that rose 26% on its first day of trading. McLaughlin said Palo Alto continues to deliver a next-generation security platform for enterprise networks that protects companies all the way down to the individual application level, something that no other company can provide. He said that applications are the new preferred way for bad guys to access corporate networks, which is why their technology is so crucial.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV